The old year is ending, the very tail end is days away. 2015 has been one of many changes for me, and I have learned a number of good lessons.
- It is possible to be both fearless and earful at the exact same moment
- Grace under pressure is a choice
- It is humbling who turns out to help and support when you need it
- Sometimes the other shoe that drops is a doozy
- That time can run simultaneously at two speeds
- That at times of stress thoughts scamper from all over your mind that you wouldn’t admit to your best friend, fear does that.
- That it is better to be able to step up than standby and no doubt many other things I can’t put into words
Hope is a thing with feathers
“Hope” is the thing with feathers –
That perches in the soul –
And sings the tune without the words –
And never stops – at all –
And sweetest – in the Gale – is heard –
And sore must be the storm –
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm –
I’ve heard it in the chillest land –
And on the strangest Sea –
Yet – never – in Extremity,
It asked a crumb – of me.