The old year is ending, the very tail end is days away. 2015 has been one of many changes for me, and I have learned a number of good lessons.
- It is possible to be both fearless and earful at the exact same moment
- Grace under pressure is a choice
- It is humbling who turns out to help and support when you need it
- Sometimes the other shoe that drops is a doozy
- That time can run simultaneously at two speeds
- That at times of stress thoughts scamper from all over your mind that you wouldn’t admit to your best friend, fear does that.
- That it is better to be able to step up than standby and no doubt many other things I can’t put into words
Hope is a thing with feathers
“Hope” is the thing with feathers –
That perches in the soul –
And sings the tune without the words –
And never stops – at all –
And sweetest – in the Gale – is heard –
And sore must be the storm –
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm –
I’ve heard it in the chillest land –
And on the strangest Sea –
Yet – never – in Extremity,
It asked a crumb – of me.
Fruitlands Museum grounds Harvard Massachusetts.
Merry Christmas one and all!!
On this shortest day I can see the year pulling away even as the solstice hints at more light to come. The year is rounding that final turn this weekend, gathering speed to fling all of us into the new year ready or not.
A very nice spot to sit quietly at and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature.