Quick, easy and filling meal!
Beef Stew with Roasted Winter Vegetables
1. Chop up the desired amount of yukon potatoes, onion, carrots, parsnips and butternut squash (I didn’t have parsnips this time)
2. Soak yukons for 5-10 minutes, toss cut veggies in olive oil (1 Tablespoon)
3. Spread on baking sheet and pop into 410 degree (Farenheit) oven for 20 minutes or until they are golden, flip the veggies once or twice during the 20 minutes. Pull out and set aside, these can be roasted days ahead too and stored in the refrigerator.
4. Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and add cut boneless sirloin, cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add roasted veggies.
6. Add 3 bay leaves, dash of pepper, dash of salt, dash of thyme, 1 cup of broth and 1/4 cup of red wine or apple juice to veggies and meat. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer on low for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove bay leaves and serve up!
This is a really wide plate, but this is a good size serving. If you want you can also eliminate the yukons and serve this over mashed potatoes, which is amazing! For leftovers, keep stew and mashed potatoes apart though for best results.